If things go wrong

Single European emergency number: 112

To contact the emergency services in any EU country from any phone, fixed or mobile, dial 112, free of charge.

Loss or theft

Report any theft to the local police. You will need to enclose the police report when making your insurance or compensation claim. Cancel any lost or stolen credit cards immediately. If your passport has been stolen, report it to your country’s consulate or embassy as well as to the police. Remember that if you are outside the EU you can get help from the consulate or embassy of any other EU country if yours is not represented.

© European Union
Travelling in Europe 2014-2015

Privacy Policy