Passenger cars below 3.5t - urban roads: 50 km/h
20 km/h in residential areas.
30 km/h near schools and in streets with cycle paths
Passenger cars below 3.5t - non-urban roads: 90 km/h
Passenger cars below 3.5t - expressways: 120 km/h
Passenger cars below 3.5t - motorways: 120 km/h
Vehicle registration plates: B
Maximum blood alcohol content - Standard drivers: 0.5 ‰
Maximum blood alcohol content - Novice drivers: 0.5 ‰
Maximum blood alcohol content - Professional drivers: 0.2 ‰
Daytime running lights: -
The use of seat belts and child seats is MANDATORY.
Seats belts are not compulsory for:
- drivers when reversing
- taxi drivers when transporting a client
- drivers and passengers of priority vehicles under certain conditions
- people exempt for medical reasons
- postal vehicles making frequent stops
Child seats are not compulsory for:
- children under 18 and shorter than 135 cm in buses and taxis sitting on the back seat
- children at least 3 years old and shorter than 135 cm wearing seat belts in the back seat during short-term occasional transport in cars and vans.
- Red light: do not cross the stop line or pass the light.
- Amber light precedes the red light: stop unless you are already too close to stop safely when the light changes.
- Green light: drive.
Safety helmet not mandatory
Safety helmet mandatory
Mopeds(except those with an enclosed compartment for the driver)
Motorbikes with or without a sidecar (except those with a seatbelt and enclosed compartment for the driver)
Tricycles (light & heavy ) (except those with an enclosed compartment for the driver)
Quad bikes (light & heavy ) (except those with an enclosed compartment for the driver)
Safety equipment for cars
First aid kit
Bike safety equipment
White or yellow front lights & red back lights. Tricycles & quads - white front reflectors and red tail reflectors.
last modification: 2015-08-21 10:06:55
Last update: 12/8/2015
© European Union, 1995-2015